Friday, February 10, 2006

Abandoned children and kitties

So, lo and behold, I had another dream last night. This one took place in the school where my choirs rehearse and I was there in the evening for jazz choir...we were recording a CD on this occasion with the other jazz choir in the organization, FORM. Some bits are foggy but it holds together pretty well. The first thing I remember is walking down the hallway of the school and seeing a cat run in one of the doors. It was making a bit of noise and kept looking up at everyone with the look that the kitty on Shrek 2 does. I think he was hungry.



anyway, FORM was trying to record a song in the hallway and they needed everything to be absolutely quiet so Scott asked me to take the cat outside. He had brought his cat to the school too, and they both needed to go outside. So I shut the door in the hallway and tried to herd these cats to the front entrance. Surprisingly they followed me and I let them outside, but the moment I tried to leave go back in again one of the cats got really upset and was desperately trying to get back in the school. The doors of the school close slowly, so i was finding it difficult to get inside and close the door fast enough without letting this cat back inside. It was around this time that I noticed there was a small blonde girl outside too. She looked to be about 3 years old and was all alone and it was pretty late in the evening, so I went back outside to see if I could help her.

At this pont there was some fogginess in what happened. I think I let the little girl into the school, but left her near the front entrance. At some point I found another little girl, maybe a little bit older with brown hair and a pink jacket on. I think I had left them both at the front of the school so if anyone came looking for them it would be easier to find them and got them a drink of water, and gave them whatever food I had on me, which wasn't very much. Then there is a big blank and it is the next morning at the school. I guess we had spent an all-nighter trying to record our CD. I seem to recall that it was also the weekend, since no other children were coming to school in the morning. I went back to check to see if those little girls were still there. they were, and they were super tired and hungry and begged me to bring them some more food. So I went back to the staff room of the school and tried to find them something else to eat.

A teacher from the school was in there making herself some breakfast, and I told her about the little girls and how they were hungry, and asked if i could take some of her fruit tray. Everything on the tray was pretty old and squishy looking and it didn't look like she was going to eat it, but she only let me take like one slice of apple and a few grapes. Then I noticed that she had like 10 or so bananas. There were two bunches, one that was still green looking and one that was ripe...to the point where it's still mostly yellow with a few brown spots on the peel. She told me I could take precisely 3 slices of a banana for the little girls. This was really frustrating to me because there was no way she was going to be able to eat all of these bananas before they went bad, and she had so many of them. She seemed to think that these kids were from a bad part of town and that their parents couldn't take care of them properly, and this affected her opinion of the girls. I noticed that by the sink there was another banana, but this one was way over-ripe and half eaten...but still...more substance than 3 slices. So I asked her if I could take the slimy brown leftover banana and she let me. That's all I remember of the dream.

The end.

3 Comments:

At February 10, 2006 10:34 p.m., Blogger Rosie said...

it's Miss McBrownface, nathan...geez!

 
At February 10, 2006 11:55 p.m., Blogger Smash said...

Rosie my Posie....
That is a pretty sad dream. I imagine that it would be somewhat taxing emotionally to have such dreams.
I hope that you are doing very well in your waking life.
Also, I am excited to see your bangs. I was looking at the pics of you when you had pretend bangs at my house (I'll be sure to post some one of these days), and I was thinking that they were very adorable on you. So there.
Kay. well,
love.
Ash.

 
At February 11, 2006 12:05 a.m., Blogger Smash said...

Kay. I read the rest and now I have to make another comment. or a couple.
Number One:
I love Dream Number Two so much that it almost made me pee.
Number Two:
Congratulations SO, SO, SO much on being pretty much almost finished your career as a University student. I cannot tell you how jealous I am of you because there are no words in any human language which would adequately express. (well, okay, I am NOT so jealous that I would die-- that is for sure. So there probably ARE words, but jealousy does not lend itself easily to precise measurement, so regardless of it's not being limitless, it's limit will have to be expressed only as "LxJ" which is clearly a very complex mathematical function with complex variables and imaginary numbers and such things. You could ask Dean, if you are really interested.)
love,
Ashley.
PS. is her name REALLY Laura?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home